Monday, October 3, 2016

"Thanks" card with no stamping

Hello.  Here's another of my cards from a recent swap using the Whimsy Fundamentals paper pack.  This was also a card we made in my August card class and seemed to be a hit.  It was very quick to put together, which is always a plus.


I very rarely make a card that has absolutely no stamping on it, but this one worked out that way.  Like I said in my previous posts, I just love all the patterns and colors in the Whimsy Fundamentals, so I used a several on this card.  I thought a different card fold would be fun so I cut a shorter front panel and the flower holds it down when closed.

We have these great new "Thin Cut Dies" available now in different shapes and fonts and I just loved the "Thanks" font.  I cut this one out of our gold glitter paper and in person it really sparkles.  I backed it with a piece of cardstock embossed with the our new Simple Chevron folder.  It adds a little extra something to that space.

The flower layers were cut from the new Cricut Flower Market cartridge.  This was a pretty simple flower, there are so many other fun options as well.  It's hard to see in my photos but I also brushed the glacier blue petals with our new shimmer pen.  It's really pretty and sparkly in person.

Well, that's all for this time.  Thanks for stopping by.

SUPPLIES USED:



No comments: