Friday, October 21, 2016

"Thankful for You" Swan Lake Thin Cuts card

Hello.  I wanted to share another of my cards from my September card class.  I think it turned out pretty cute.


The papers used were all from the "Swan Lake" paper pack (I told you I loved this paper).  The images are from the "Thankful for You" stamp set.  I purchased the bundle that included the coordinating Thin Cuts as well.  The Thin Cuts are run though a die cut machine (I have both a Cuttlebug and a Big Shot).  It's a quick alternative to fussy cutting (which, those of you who know me, know I love to do), but for classes, this is a bit faster option.


Pretty cute, right?  I love to have some dimension on my cards and it was easy to do with these images.  I just popped up the swan's wing and a flower with some foam adhesive and added a couple sparkles and voila! 

Here's a look at the "Thankful for You" bundle.  They come packaged together, so you won't misplace one or the other.  And the thin cuts come on a magnetic sheet, which is awesome.

I'm entering this card in two challenges: 
The "Swan Lake" challenge over at the Between the Fold Challenge blog, HERE.
And this week's Color My Heart Color Dare challenge, HERE.

As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by.  See you soon!

SUPPLIES USED:
Paper: Swan LakeBlack, Peacock & White Daisy cardstock
Other: White Daisy Cards & Envelopes, Stitched Oval dies (by CottageCutz)


7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the peaceful little scene you created. Your card has such a gentle feel to it. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for linking up to Color My Heart Color Dare...love the sparkle in the swan's eye.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the layout and stitched panels, and your choice of stamps...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week, and please come back next week for another great challenge.

PT said...

Wow, I love this card. The layout, the choice of stamps and arrangement of the swan, cat tails etc. Everything!! Great job.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wow, what a fabulous Swan Lake card! I love how you arranged the swan, cattails and flowers just over the oval element. You've created a really beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Color Dare blog!
:) Marie

Brandi said...

Beautiful! I love it! Thanks for playing along with Between the Folds (BTF)!

Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Donna said...

Beautiful card! Love the layout and the bling is a great touch. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.