Monday, October 31, 2016

Have a Monstrous Halloween! card in a box

Happy Halloween everyone!  I thought I'd better share this "card in a box" that I did for my September card workshop before Halloween passes us by.


Isn't this cute?  This was the first time I've ever made one of these.  I used the Jeepers Creepers paper pack and the Monstrous Halloween Stamp Set and Thin Cut bundle to create all of those cute monsters.  Since the card-in-a-box doesn't open like a traditional card, I added a panel on the back so you could write your message.


These cards can be made to fold flat to fit in an envelope.  I made sure mine was a finished size of a regular A2 card (4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  I put it in a cellophane sleeve to show you.  I found instructions for making this size HERE.


I had a couple of people in my class that didn't need Halloween cards so they opted for a Birthday message instead.  They did everything else the same, just changed out the sentiment (I had larger rectangles cut for them because the birthday sentiment is a bit taller.)  Here's a closer look at the "Monstrous Halloween" bundle to see other options.


I hope you enjoyed this different type of card.  I've entered it over at the "Heart-2-Heart" challenge blog for their "Jeepers Creepers" challenge.  Go check out all the other fun Jeepers Creepers creations.  You can find them HERE.  Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES USED:



3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kandi, your card is so impressive and I am so grateful for the instructions you've provided! Yes, some of my friends would opt for "birthday" also. In fact, one of my friend's birthday is on 10/31. But I always make her a "non-halloween" card!

Excellent work, dear friend!

Brandi said...

Super fun, I just love those little guys! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Melissa Robinson said...

Such a CUTE design of this card in a box! Thanks for participating in this Heart 2 Heart challenge!