Monday, September 19, 2016

Have a Happy Day!

Hi.  I wanted to share another card I made for a recent swap and my latest card class.


I fell in love with the new Close to My Heart stamp set called "True Love", which benefits CTMH's favorite charity, Operation Smile.  Isn't that little guy adorable?  I used a little piece of polka dotted paper from the Rustic Home Fundamentals paper pack and paired it with one of the new Rustic Home coordinating ribbons.  I also wanted to add a pop of color (like on my last card) so I used the new Color of the Year - "Sea Glass".


I paper pieced the two balloons, one with another piece from Rustic Home and the other is Sea Glass cardstock.  What you can't see in my photo is that I used our new Shimmer Pen on the Sea Glass balloon, so in person, it's fun and sparkly.  I also paper pieced his shirt.  I stamped it in Slate Grey and cut it out.

I also love this set because I love to color.  I used a few of my Shin-Han markers for his skin, hair and shorts.  Don't mind my coloring out of the lines, I made this card in the middle of the night and my eyes were a wee bit tired, lol.

Here's a closer look at the stamp set.  

Isn't this adorable?  I love it!  The little girl is so cute too.  So many possibilities.  This set is available for the life of this catalog, so thru July 2017.  It retails for $17.95 and CTMH donates $7 of that to Operation Smile.  Operation Smile is a non-profit organization which provides surgeries for children to repair cleft lips and palates.  Such a worthy cause.

As always, thank you for stopping by.  Please check back soon.

** I have entered my card in the "Show us your Sea Glass" challenge over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges. **


SUPPLIES USED:

4 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Kandi, this is a fabulous card! I love the simplicity of it; and you are completely on-track with the pop of color - it adds so much! Excellent work!

Lauren said...

This is just adorable and you have totally inspired me with this stamp set. Thanks for playing along with our Sea Glass challenge at H2H!

Brandi said...

Perfect! I adore it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Melissa Robinson said...

This is such a precious card. LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!