Thursday, May 28, 2015

You're Tweet

I'm back today with another throwback card from 2 years ago.  I made this card for my monthly card workshop using Close to My Heart's "Claire" paper and the April 2013 Stamp of the Month "My Sunshine".  I was a big fan of "Claire" when it came out and made several cards using it.  I'll be posting more in future throwback posts.


I fell in love with the bird in the "My Sunshine" stamp set, so I wanted to make it a focus of my card.  This particular Stamp of the Month had several images that coordinated with CTMH's Cricut "Artiste" cartridge.

I used my "Artiste" cartridge to cut the bird out of our Silver Glitter Paper.  Then I stamped the bird in Hollyhock ink, cut it out and centered it up on the Glitter Cricut piece.  The Glitter bird wing is popped up for added interest.  I also framed the "You're Tweet" sentiment with the Silver Glitter Paper.  The photo doesn't do that paper justice, it's so shimmery in person.


And because I think you can never have enough sparkles, I added 3 Sparkles in two of the card's corners and a Bitty Sparkle for the bird's eye.

This is the "My Sunshine" stamp set (now retired).


Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you liked my card.  If you have any questions, please use the "Contact Me" link in my side bar.  Ciao!

** Note: And as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Claire (retired), Hollyhock & Colonial White CS, Silver Glitter Paper
Stamps: My Sunshine (retired)
Inks: Hollyhock
Embellishments: Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles

No comments: