Saturday, May 9, 2015

Love Ya Silly - a colorful sunburst card

Ack!  What a cute little monster!  This is another of the cards we made back in my March card workshop.


For this card I used the Close to My Heart paper called "Hopscotch".  Unfortunately it's no longer available (bummer).  The cute little monster stamp is however, still available.  It's called "Love Ya Silly" and includes a couple other very cute little monsters and sayings.  It's hard to see in the picture but the piece of blue paper on the bottom of the card actually has an embossed texture on it.  It's from the Paper Fundamentals - Whimsy paper pack.

I've loved the look of these sunburst card ever since I first saw them on my fellow CTMH consultant Susan Williams' blog.  They are fun to make and especially great for using up scraps of patterned paper.  You can find the directions on how to make this style of card on Susan's blog HERE.


I used the stamp set called "Doodled Designs" for that cute little doodled circle that is surrounding the monster.  I cut the circle out and popped it up with some foam squares.  I also added a strip of Teal Shimmer Trim for some interest and wrapped the whole card front with our Flaxen Extra Thick Twine.  I added a little puffy heart from the Chalk It Up Assortment in the bottom corner.  Last but not least, I added a bitty sparkle for the monster's eye.  I colored the sparkle blue using a Shin Han marker to turn it into the perfect coordinating embellishment.

Here's a closer look at the two stamp sets we  used...

"Love Ya Silly"


"Doodled Designs"


 I will list the supplies used on this card below.  Please let me know if you have any questions. 

If you happen to NEED a "Love Ya Silly" card of your own, I will be listing a few of them in both my Etsy & Ebay shops.  For the next few months this is part of a fund raiser to help send my son on his school trip to Italy next spring.  See the links on my side bar.

Ciao!

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Hopscotch (no longer available), Paper Fundamentals - Whimsy

No comments: