Friday, May 8, 2015

Hey There Cupcake!

Yeah you, I'm talking to you.  Hee hee.  Here's a fun card we made back in my March card workshop using CTMH's December Stamp of the Month ("Cutie Pie") and the "Heartstrings" Paper Pack.  I wasn't able to do a workshop in December but I didn't want my class attendees to miss out on using this cute stamp set.


Isn't that cupcake cute?  I loved the idea of using the White Shimmer Trim on the cupcake.  I stamped directly on the tape and cut it out to fit perfectly on the cupcake.  I was inspired from my fellow CTMH consultant, Pamela O'Connor for the White Shimmer Trim idea.  Pamela's super creative!  Click HERE to see her cupcake card.  I love it!


We used CTMH's Shin Han markers to color the cupcake and cupcake stand.  I also colored a clear sparkle with the Cherry Pink Shin Han marker to change the color to work for this card.  These alcohol based markers are great for that.  You can color clear sparkles any color to suit your needs.  Yay!  I also adhered a strip of Lagoon Hearts Washi Tape to a piece of white daisy cardstock and added a band of it to give a little extra detail. 

Here's a closer look at the "Cutie Pie" stamp set. 


It's no longer available to order, but I do happen to have a few extra sets in case you're in need of one.   They're $10 each.  Just let me know.

**Note: I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right?  ;) **

Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES USED:
Paper: Heartstrings (no longer available)
Stamps: Cutie Pie (December Stamp of the Month - no longer available)
Inks: Black, Shin Han Markers: Tender Pink, Turquoise Blue, Warm Grey 4Cherry Pink (for sparkle)

No comments: