Saturday, May 23, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so I know it's not Thanksgiving, but I wanted to share this card anyway.  And who knows, maybe you want to plan ahead for next fall?  ;)


I made this card for one of my card workshops using Close to My Heart's "Pathfinding" paper pack and Thankful Heart stamp set.  I've posted several cards made with this paper pack before: HERE, HERE & HERE.  It's so pretty and I really think it's still one of my favorite papers in this current catalog.

I normally make standard sized cards, but thought it would be fun to make a different size this time.  This card measures 3 1/2" x 8".  The "Happy Thanksgiving" sentiment fit perfectly on this card size.

I stamped the leaf images on a scrap of Colonial White cardstock, colored them with our Shin Han Markers, cut them out and layered them in the top right corner.  The acorn was one of the images on the patterned paper and I just cut it out and popped it up on the leaves.  It's a little hard to see, but there's an itty bitty brown sparkle on the acorn stem.


I added a couple strips of Bronze Shimmer Trim around the sentiment to add a little sparkle.  You can't have enough sparkle in my opinion.  I didn't get a picture of the inside of the card but, I added a piece of Colonial White cardstock so a written sentiment could be seen better and I stamped one of the leaf images in the bottom corner for added interest.

Here's a look at the "Thankful Heart" stamp set:



I hope you enjoyed this out of season card post.  I've listed all of my supplies used below.  Please use the "Contact Me" area on my side bar if you have any questions.  Thank you for stopping by!

** Note: And as I've mentioned before, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **

No comments: