Sunday, May 24, 2015

"Happy Father's Day" or "Thank You" - one card, two sentiments

I wanted to be sure to include a Father's Day card in this month's card workshop in case my June class is too late.  Some of the class attendees didn't need that particular sentiment, so I gave them another masculine option using the same card layout and just changing the image.


For the card front I used a base of Barn Red cardstock and added two different patterned papers from the new "Jackson" paper pack (available for a limited time).  I also added two of the metal Durables Artisan Studs in the bottom corner for added interest.

For the Father's Day card I used the stamp set "The Best Dad Ever".



Isn't that cute?  I stamped the entire image in Cocoa Ink, then on a scrap of Colonial White cardstock I stamped the hat in Barn Red, the mustache in Cocoa and the bow tie in Juniper ink.  I cut those images out and popped them up on top of the first image I stamped. 

Here's "The Best Dad Ever" stamp set:

For the Thank You card I used the stamp set "Typed Note", which was the April Stamp of the Month and is unfortunately no longer available.  



I made a mat of Barn RedColonial White cardstock for the center of the card.  I then stamped the typewriter in Cocoa ink on a scrap of Colonial White cardstock, cut it out and adhered it to the matted piece.  I stamped the "typed" sentiment using Juniper ink.  I also popped up the top of the "paper" in the typewriter portion of the image to make it look like it was really rolling out of the machine.

This is the "Typed Note" Stamp Set (no longer available):


I let those that chose to use the typewriter set choose which "typed" sentiment they wanted to use.  This set has so many options.  Both cards are nice masculine cards, which I don't make very often (I need to work on that).  

I hope you liked today's cards and thank you for stopping by.  I have listed all of the supplies used to create these cards at the bottom of this post.  Please use the "Contact Me" area on my side bar if you have any questions.  Have a great day!

** Note: And as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **
  
SUPPLIES:
Stamps: A1173 The Best Dad Ever, S1504 Typed Note (no longer available)
Embellishments: Durables Artisan Studs

No comments: