Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Birthday to you with Arrows galore...

I don't seem to make very many masculine cards, but when I saw the Close to My Heart "Jackson" paper, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity.  The featured colors in the paper pack are Cocoa, Barn Red, Juniper & Glacier and to me, seem a little more masculine or outdoorsy (is that a word?), lol.


The stamped image from the "You Mean the World to Me" set had two little arrows on it, so I thought I'd use it and carry on the arrow theme.  I stamped the image in Juniper Ink.  Then I embossed arrows on a piece of Colonial White cardstock using our new Arrow Embossing Folder and layered it with the Jackson papers.  You can't really tell from the photo but I popped up the Colonial White cardstock and I also popped up the matted square that the image is stamped on.  I added an arrow charm from our Base & Bling Signature Charms pack, which is meant for our Base & Bling jewelry pieces, but I liked the addition of the metal embellishment on my card.

Here's a close up of the charm and that wonderful Glacier Extra Thick Twine.


Isn't that arrow a fun addition?  And if you don't need an "Happy Birthday" card, you can change it to a "Thank You" sentiment with one of the other images in the same set.  It also has the Arrow as part of it's design and would fit this card perfectly.  Here's what the "You Mean the World to Me" set looks like.


It's a very useful stamp set, I've used all of these sentiments for my cards.  Remember THIS POST about a card swap I did with the fun little paper pieced scooter?  I used the "It's Your Day" image for that one.

Well, that's my card for today.  I've listed the supplies used at the bottom of this post with links to my website for each item.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for stopping by and please come again.

** Note: And as I've mentioned before, I'm also listing some of my cards for sale in both my Etsy shop and my Ebay shop.  You can find the links on the sidebar of this blog.  For the next few months the sales will go towards the cost of a school trip to Italy my 15 year old son will be taking next Spring.  Every little bit helps, right? **


No comments: