Monday, July 2, 2012

Cue the Little Mermaid music... "Under the Sea"

Either that or the theme from "Foot loose".  What am I talking about you say?  Why this fun little card that we made in my workshop last week.


This card was designed by fellow consultant Sheila Bennett.  As some of you know, back in February I went with a few of my friends to a crafty retreat in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho called "Creative University".  This was my second year attending and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Anyhoo, back to the subject of the card.  At C.U. one of the things we got to do was participate in the "Card Cafe'".  There you could go on your own time and make up to 5 different greeting cards.  Each station had all of the supplies pre-cut and the directions spelled out for you.  This little card happened to be my favorite of the 5, so I just had to duplicate it.  I've been waiting all of these months for the right timing and this was it.

Sheila was the creator of all 5 cards in the Card Cafe' and I copied Sheila's card almost exactly.  The only thing I changed was the Birthday greeting and one of the cardstock colors.

This stamp set is called "Under the Sea" (hence the title of the post) and the paper pack used is called "Footloose" (hence my other musical reference, lol).  I also used the stamp set "Card Chatter - Birthday" for the sentiment.  I just love all of the sea life in this stamp set - so adorable.  I'll definitely have to make some other cards with it.

Here's a close up of the front flaps of the card opened up:


And here's a look at the inside of the card.  Helpful hint: if you happen to stamp your sentiment crooked (I'm not saying that's what I did, lol) you can create a little matted sentiment and put it right over the top of the crooked one.  What's that saying in the stamping world?  Oh yeah, there are no mistakes in stamping, only opportunities for embellishing.  ;)


Well, thanks again for stopping by.  Come back tomorrow to see the final card from the workshop.  It happens to be my favorite of the bunch. Ciao!

No comments: