Friday, July 30, 2010

Christmas in July

Ok, so I haven't been a good blogger lately. I've skipped all kinds of events (even my own birthday), but sometimes things get in the way of my being productive. Things like T.V., television, the tele, the boob tube... are you seeing a theme? Ha! Yes, I have a bad tv watching habit and I know it makes for a very unproductive girl. Oh well, c'est la vie.

One of my other problems is doing fun things instead of doing what I should be doing, so on a whim last night, rather than cleaning the house, doing laundry, giving the dog a bath... I decided to make a card for a challenge on the Stampingbella blog. She's in Eastern Canada, so I don't know if my submission made it there on time with the time difference and all, but I tried.

The theme this week was "Christmas In July" and this is what I came up with. My photo's not the best because I normally use my Mother-in-Law's camera, but she had to "borrow" (wink) it a couple weeks ago and I haven't gotten it back. I used my iPhone to take photos last night and just couldn't get a true color photo, but I just had to go with it. Here's the card I came up with.






















I used "gifty tree" from Stampingbella. I just love their stamps! I also used some of my Copic Sketch markers and Spica Glitter pens. I was trying to show the sparkle in the photo, but it didn't come thru as well as I'd like. You can check out her blogabella blog today and see what other folks came up with for their "Christmas in July" artwork. She's got some very talented people that play along each week. Well, off to work, at least I'm productive somewhere in my life, lol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Espeically the polka dots and dingle balls. :) I think that's what they are called. lol.
:)