Monday, June 28, 2010

A bella card for a bella friend

It's been a long time since I've made a non-Close to My Heart card, so when my friend Alicia had her 40th birthday last weekend I took advantage of the opportunity to dig through my stash and create a special card for her.

I have many Stampingbella stamps, but have inked up only a few (can you say hoarder?). I recently purchased a few new Copic markers and wanted to give them a try as well. I have very little experience with those markers, but hope to use them a lot more in the future, they're so cool to color with - smooth like butta.

Anyhoo, back to the subject. This is the card I made for Alicia.




















Isn't she cute? This is "Flowahbella" from Stampingbella.com Like I said I used a couple of my new Copic markers to color her. I also used my Copic Spica glitter pens to color the flowers, her mouth and her shoes. I tried to show the glittery effect in this next photo. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.



I also have several Stampingbella sentiments and I've never used this particular one, so I thought it might be an appropriate time to bring it out.




I love that quote!


One special thing I did with this card has to do with the paper used on it. It's actually vintage wallpaper. Years ago, back before kids, when we were able to just hang out and go places on a whim, Alicia and I found this great Estate sale. We found these matching rolls of vintage wallpaper and each got one. I know over the years Alicia has used it for wrapping gifts and various other things, as she is one to create a purpose for things and get them moving out of the house. Me on the other hand, this was the first time ever cutting into the roll, uh oh I see that word "hoarder" rearing it's ugly head again, lol. I wondered if she'd recognize the paper when she opened her card and she did, almost immediately. That's the fun thing about making your own cards, the personal touches. :)

2 comments:

Kari Seals said...

Super cute card! I may have to check out those Bella stamps. They are so cute! Having fun with your Copics?

Unknown said...

Love it! I really love that wallpaper too. :)