Monday, July 6, 2009

Somebody got a new toy tonight

and it wasn't me.

Yesterday Chico and Mateo went to Beaverton. A little while later I got a call from Chico saying "Can I get a motorcycle? Then I can take the boys and go riding with them, etc...". So after work today I swung by mom & dad's and borrowed their utility trailer and when Chico got home we headed off to Beaverton.

The people at the shop probably thought I was a little strange walking around with my camera, but I thought this was a good "blog opportunity". I haven't been good about updating lately, so I need to make sure I'm ready when opportunities arrise.

Anyhoo, I was upstairs with the boys at the store and was trying to get a sneaky shot of Chico and the sales guy, Talon.



The kids had quite a bit of energy. I let them roam around by themselves for a bit with the promise of not touching the bikes and not messing with any of the gear. They did pretty good. We had to wait a bit for the paperwork to get going, so I took some photos to kill some time.

Jaxon's modeling the jacket I said I liked. It's still on the hanger, lol.



















Isn't it cute?


Chico modeling a hard backpack. Mateo said he looked like Boba Fett.


This was the bike that Mateo wanted because it had a CD player, A/C, a trunk, etc.. "It's only $20 thousand mom".











Not letting them get on the bikes was killing them. They were thrilled when I let them get on some quads.




This is the toy I want.


Finally... time to go. They already had the bike loaded in our trailer. We're not sure how they knew that was our trailer because neither of us told Talon that was ours. They must have seen us pull in?


Some last minute info and tying down the bike.




Next stop - Granny's house.










Aunt Robin and Uncle Rich showed up so Chico showed them "Bob". We nicknamed it "Bob" because of the dealer tag. When Mateo was younger he noticed Bob on someone's motorcycle and we convinced him that all motorcycle riders had their names on their bikes, hee hee.




Finally made it home. I'm sure Chico's looking forward to going riding with the boys soon. *Oh, by the way for those of you that have asked, it's a 2008 used Yamaha 250 with 157 miles on it. There are some letters in the model name, but I can't tell you off hand what they are. It's a Dual Sport bike so Chico could ride it on the road as well as off road with the boys and their Honda 50s.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! That's quite a "toy".....you play much bigger than us. :)

Is it brand new? Love the color.
Time for more Bellas for Kandi.
:) LLBW

Sparkplug17 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time picking it out.