Monday, January 5, 2009

Feeling Crafty!

I've had a couple of crafty moments in the last week, so I thought I'd share...

I got a little gift for my friend Linda's birthday and made a cute little gift bag/purse to put it in. I did some "random stamping" to create my own design on the cardstock, added some embellishments, a little dot of velcro for the flap closure and Voila! I think it turned out pretty cute.





My other project was a swap. I've posted about these in the past and I subjected myself to it yet again! My assignment was to create a 3 1/2" x 8" card using a new paper called Daydream and a particular embellishment (white daisy mini medley for those of you familiar with CTMH).

I procrastinated and had to create 44 cards in the last few days. Sometimes cards can go quickly, but I chose to do "paper piecing", which made this project take FOR-EV-ER!! Paper piecing, for those that don't know, is stamping an image on a base paper, then again on a patterned or different colored paper, then cutting it out and placing it over the image that you stamped on your original paper. The example on my card is the girl's dress and the buggy & wheels. And how cute is she? She's from a new stamp set called "Ms. On the Go".







Thanks for looking! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Sparkplug17 said...

Thats alot of invitations! But super cute!