Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Snow of the Season

Well the weather people predicted it and it turned out they were correct, on Sunday we got our first snowfall of the season. The boys were so excited!! We weren't sure how much snow we would get. It was exciting when it started to stick and by about noon we had almost an inch.

The boys were begging to go outside, so they suited up and headed out.

They played outside for over an hour while Chico and I stayed inside the warm house. I just wasn't up for getting out of my pajamas and going out to the cold. Yes, I was still in my pajamas at noon. I did manage to take a couple steps out onto the front porch to capture a little video of Mateo sledding down our hill in our front yard. Jaxon was busy building something at the top of the hill and didn't want to sled.



We ended up with about 2 inches of snow at our house and it stayed around for Monday and it's still here and so far schools have been closed this week. It supposed to snow again tomorrow, so I think it's likely that there won't be any school for the rest of the week. I know the kids are excited, but it's also kind of a bummer because there were a lot of fun activities planned at school for the last week before Christmas vacation. The Winter Program was supposed to be Thursday, so hopefully they'll reschedule it after the 1st of the new year.

Well, I'm off for now, but will be posting more stuff in the next few days. I've got a few things that I've been meaning to post. Stay tuned.

No comments: